The Corti family has been involved in the production and trade of wine for four generations. In 1898 Narciso began to buy the wines produced by the farmers in the countryside of Tavarnelle and to sell them in the city of Florence.
Around 1935 also the sons of Narciso, Renzo and Gino, decided to follow his father in his work.
In 1956, Renzo and Gino felt the need to start producing their own wine and decided to buy the land of Poggio al Chiuso. About 10 hectares of vineyards are planted and three years later they get their first harvest.
In 1960, Renzo’s son, Mario, also joined the company which continues in both commercial and production activities. Mario demonstrates great sacrifice in work and foresight in decisions and continues the path he has undertaken so far.
At the end of the 90s, Marco and Matteo also started to work in the company continuing the family tradition and immediately showing their desire to learn and curious to experiment with new ideas.
In 2002 the first vineyard entirely composed of Merlot grapes was planted, which a few years later gave life to Rosso IGT Voltaccia49 and together with the best Sangiovese of the company to Rosso IGT Le Cappelle. These two wines have become the prominent products of Poggio al Chiuso,
At the beginning of 2020 Andrea also joins the company, the youngest of the brothers who after other work experiences has decided to dedicate heart and soul to the family business to learn and expand the opening to foreign markets.
After four generations, the Poggio al Chiuso farm is ready to open up to new wine-making and viticulture techniques, to better face the challenges that climate change, new markets and technological innovations will present on the way.