- Wash the aubergines and cut them into pieces. Place them in a bowl with water and
lemon juice so they don’t turn black.
- Soak the raisins and rinse the capers under running water.
- Toast the pine nuts in a non-stick pan until golden.
- Slice the onion and cut the celery into small pieces, sauté them in a large pan with Classic extra virgin olive oil for a few minutes.
- Add the rinsed capers, squeezed raisins, pine nuts and olives.
- Stir and after two minutes, add the tomato puree, vinegar and sugar.
- Season with salt.
- While the sauce begins to cook, cut the courgettes and the peppers into strips
and slices, add them to the vegetables.
- Finally add the aubergines and continue cooking over low heat for about 20 minutes.
- The vegetables should remain slightly crunchy.
- Add salt if necessary and leave to cool.
- Cut the slices of bread into sticks and toast them in a pan with a drizzle of Peperoncino oil (chili).
- Serve the caponata with a spoon of stracciata di bufala cheese, a few more drops of
Peperoncino oil and crunchy bread slices.
- 2 aubergines ( 600 g / 21.164 oz.)
- 1 red onion
- 2 ribs celery
- 2 zucchini
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 2 tbsps raisins
- 20 g (0.7 oz.) salted capers
- 20 g (0.7 oz.) pine nuts
- 200 g (7.05 oz.) tomato sauce
- ½ glass vinegar
- 50 g (1.76 oz.) sugar
- salt to taste
- 80 g (2.82 oz.) organic green olives in brine
- CLASSIC extra virgin olive oil to taste
- Peperoncino oil (chili) to taste
- Buffalo stracciatella cheese to taste
- 1 lemon
- a few slices of homemade bread