Making the biscuit pie shell:
- Place the egg yolks in a bowl and whisk vigorously with the sugar until the mixture whitens and foams.
- Incorporate the soft butter cut into cubes then add the flour, salt and baking powder.
- Work everything to obtain a homogeneous and smooth dough. Form a ball, wrap it in cling film and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (th.6).
- Roll out the dough to a thickness of about ½ cm then cut into disks using a cookie cutter.
- Place them on a baking sheet covered with baking paper, put them in the oven and cook for about 20 minutes.
- Let cool.
Making the lemon cream:
- Take the zest of an untreated lemon. Bring the juice of the lemons with the zest to the boil.
- Beat the eggs with the sugar and cornstarch. Gradually add the lemon juice in a stream without stopping whipping.
- Put everything back on medium heat and thicken, stirring well all the time, you will obtain a cream.
- Let cool and then add the soft butter in pieces, whisking well.
- Garnish the precooked pie shell. Reserve in the fridge.
Optional finish, the meringue:
- Whip the egg whites until stiff, add the sugar and whisk for a few more seconds.
- Garnish the top of the tart with a pastry bag for example and switch to a hot oven ‘grill function’ for 1 minute to color the meringue or, to go faster, brown the meringue with a blowtorch.